Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Rohrbach Brewing Co. (Rochester, NY) - 1/22/13


Quick Glance Stats:

Access/Parking: Outskirts of Rochester, NY.  Near a major highway, but a good ways from downtown and airport.  Devoted parking lot.

Space: Wood cabin/lodge like.  Large bar area, but primarily a restaurant.  Plenty of seating.

Beer: Beer Advocate rating as of 6/18/13 = 90

  I had a lunch meeting here while being taken around town by a rep group.  Oddly enough, it was just down the street from the client’s office, so the selection had nothing to do with my tastes in beer.  Overall, this place was about as close to a normal restaurant that just happened to make beer as you can image.  While they promote their beer, you wouldn’t really know it was a brewery beside its name.  I had their IPA, as everyone else was drinking a beer with lunch as well.  To clarify, I RARELY, if ever, have a beer for lunch when I know I have further meetings in the day, but such is the custom of my industry.  The IPA was mediocre at best, and tasted thick with far too much malt for that style.  They had a range of styles which is always good to see (but nearly expected these days), though beyond their Scottish Ale nothing at the time jumped out for me to try anything else.  That being said, their Scotch Ale is pretty much their best reviewed beer.

  Overall, if you live in Rochester, make a stop for dinner and a beer.  If you’re travelling to or through Rochester, I wouldn't waste your time.  I hate to sound mean about it, but I mean, there just isn’t a need to go out of your way to come here.  I’m sure it’s a great watering hole and local brewery for the residents, but it’s certainly nothing to write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment